- Asper Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Video: Asper-HUJI Innovate – NEXUS: ISRAEL Dealmakers 2021: The Hebrew University Innovation Ecosystem Trailblazing Founders 1 (YouTube, 03/25/21)
- Article: Asper Foundation’s gift to boost innovation at Hebrew University (Canadian Jewish News, 1/29/21)
- Article: Asper Donation to Hebrew University (Jewish Independent, 1/29/21)
- Article: Canadian Friends of Hebrew University announces $5,000,000 gift from the Asper Foundation (Jewish Post and News, 1/20/21)
- Article: Canadian Friends of Hebrew University Announces $5M Gift From The Asper Foundation (Winnipeg Jewish Review, 1/14/21)
- Article: Canadian Friends of Hebrew University Announces $5M Gift From The Asper Foundation (EIN Presswire, 1/13/21)
- Article: In new vision for Hebrew University, all students will study entrepreneurship (Times of Israel, 9/12/18)
- Interview: Prof. Micki Eisenman, Director of the Asper Center for Entrepreneurship, Hebrew University of Jerusalem (IDC International Radio, 1/29/18)
- Article: ‘The strength of weak ties’: Israel, Iran, Syria business scholars join forces (The Times of Israel, 5/17/17)
- Article: Asper Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation – Alumni Involvement (English Translation) (Original Hebrew Version) (Hebrew University of Jerusalem, February 2017)
- Video: Asper Lecture on: “Back to the future? The changing locus of innovation in America” featuring Professor Ashish Arora, Duke University (Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 12/28/16)
- Article: The Business of Change – Empowerment Through Entrepreneurship Program Connecting – CFHU of Jerusalem Newsletter (Connecting – CFHU Newsletter, Spring 2012)
- Article: Asper Foundation trains Arab women for work (Canadian Jewish News, 7/7/11)
- Media Coverage: The Asper Foundation and The Hebrew University of Jerusalem Present Fuad Abu Hamed With Social Entrepreneurship Award (YouTube)
- Media Release: The Asper Foundation and The Hebrew University of Jerusalem Present Fuad Abu Hamed With Social Entrepreneurship Award (The Asper Foundation, 6/04/10)
- Article: Ahead of the Game (The Jerusalem Post, 5/4/07)
Image already added
“The Asper Centre is intended to be the focal point of entrepreneurship. The activities of the Business School will include research, undergraduate and post graduate MBA teaching, and outreach programs for the benefit of Israel, economy in general and the economy and development of Jerusalem in particular.”
Asper Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
The Asper Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (ACE) at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem was established in 2001 by Israel Asper z”l and Babs Asper z”l. They recognized the crucial role entrepreneurship would play in strengthening Israel and through The Asper Foundation donated a $5 million endowment to create one of Israel’s first such centres. From its inception, the Centre was a place of creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Lean and nimble, the team was given the flexibility to create impactful, one-of-a-kind programs.
One of ACE’s landmark initiatives was a partnership with business leaders in Sur Baher, the Jerusalem Foundation and the Israel Small Business Loan Association dedicated to developing a micro-finance movement in East Jerusalem and the surrounding villages. This program has now been spun off and has subsequently created hundreds of businesses and some 18,000 much-needed jobs. It is one of the first government-supported initiatives that has successfully garnered the trust and support of the local Arab community.
Over the years, ACE has supported research and teaching related to Entrepreneurship as well as conferences, lectures, workshops and seminars, in which leading international scholars present their findings. ACE supports entrepreneurship- and strategy-related teaching, including interdisciplinary entrepreneurship-related courses, such as the BioDesign Seminar, the brainchild of Dan Galai, professor at the School of Business Administration at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, which brings together teams of business, computer science and medical students and professionals to develop medical device solutions. Interdisciplinary in nature, the BioDesign faculty includes course leaders from the School of Engineering and Computer Science, mentors from the Faculty of Medicine and the School of Business Administration and participation from industry leaders. Hadassah Hospital, Yissum, and Hadasit (the commercialization company of Hadassah) are also involved in all BioDesign projects. In 2021, the seminar won an award from the Global Association of Business Schools Worldwide as one of the 25 most innovative teaching programs in all participating schools.
Another one-of-a-kind initiative is the BioMed MBA Program for professionals from this industry with entrepreneurial aspirations. Several years ago, Teva Pharmaceuticals was downsizing and hundreds of senior level people were being laid off. Recognizing that in Israel there were very few opportunities for top professionals in this field, the BioMed MBA program was launched to help enable many of them to develop the skills they would need to start new enterprises, greatly expand the Israel-based field and provide opportunities for these field leaders to remain active in Israel.
ACE also supports condensed guest courses taught by leading faculty members from prominent international business schools, runs a program called Meet the CEO where students and faculty hear from some of Israel’s leading entrepreneurs, FinTech courses, the Transdisciplinary Innovation Program and MBA Mini-Workshops.
In 2015, ACE launched Asper-HUJI Innovate to integrate entrepreneurship throughout the university and into the Jerusalem community. See Asper-HUJI Innovate for more information.
Image already added